Barn Swallow Team
WHAT WE DO:
- Habitat preferences in urban areas
- Where are they breeding in Seoul?
- These of landscape configurations, compositions
- Predictions about nests positions
- Where are themes “Swallow friendly” nest sites in Seoul?
- What is influencing reproduction success in urban areas?
- Is the presence of human influencing the predator effect?
- Is reproduction success linked to human traffic, food availability, landscape data, nest types etc.
- Which balance between disturbance and co-operation?
- The effect of human care
- Are the individual motivations to conserve barn swallow nests in a private house?
- What does the presence of Swallows bring to the city-dwellers (a win-win situation?)
- The citizen participating science
- Collecting information on the breeding sites of the barn swallows throughout South Korea with the participation of ordinary citizens.
Dami Jeong, Hortense Serret